Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22, 2010: 10P-14

I did my typical lightweight edition sculpture, and left. Later in the day I received an Email from my friend Mirjam, whom I'd met on the beach some years before. She comes to Venice to visit friends, and likes to walk the beach. She just happened to see the sculpture, and knew immediately who had made it.

Email note sent to a friend:
Then I walked to the beach to see if the sand was still good, this time with the bag of tools. I was just going to make a simple arch, but with better execution. Well, things got a little out of hand and I made a more complicated sculpture. Still had some larger arch-like spaces, but parts curved in and around. I really had to pee, though, so didn't do my usual contemplative looking around. I missed the water balance; I thought the lasagne would soak up more water.

The day was sparkly. Clouds over the mountains, brisk wind raising whitecaps and blowing sailboats along nicely. High clouds streamed in, looking to be the precursor of a storm.

Tim Rudnick, the man I met years ago who wants to start an oceanarium in Venice, came ambling by. I hadn't seen him in a while. We caught up on news. He said there was a storm predicted... bring it on!

Managed to stagger over to the restroom, and then walked home along the beach.

10P-14



No comments:

Post a Comment