Sunday, October 24, 2010

10P-15, October 24

This is actually 10P-15. It has been listed as "10P-14" for years.

One day I got an Email from Mirjam, my friend from Amsterdam. I'd met her on the beach some years back; she comes to Venice fairly often to visit friends. Included with the Email was an image of the sculpture I'd just done, called "Larry Was Here." My calling cards are unique but temporary, and she happened by at the right time.

We made arrangements to meet on the beach. A reunion of sorts; we hadn't see each other for a few years. It was an atypically gloomy day. Most of the time autumn in southern California is warm and clear.

Mirjam always has her camera. I didn't bring mine, as was usual practice at the time. She came over a few days later with the memory card and I could Sneakernet the images onto my computer. Thanks, Mirjam!

Photography by Mirjam Boelaars.








Updated 2017-11-22 to correct the title and replace Photobucket links.

No comments:

Post a Comment