Tuesday, February 25, 2020

20P-7 (Febrary 24) Where did the week go?

Intending to go for a walk on the beach, I looked at the tide chart and noticed the tide going down in the early afternoon. How could the window still be open? I did a sculpture two weeks ago!

I have become involved in many projects in Second Life. Most of these involve writing and performing. Time becomes fluid when doing those, and February 20, when I did the last sculpture, felt like a long time ago. On my way to the beach, camera slung over my shoulder, I realized it was just four days back.

There was construction going on behind the Breakwater, with all its attendant noise and stink. I was tempted to bail, but the sand was better than expected so I started building. The process was a bit rushed by not wanting to be around all the machinery, and my mind wasn't on the sculpture. It developed some default designs.

Later I realized... no, it's not state of the art, but it was done in two hours. Start to finish. Not that long ago, a sculpture like this would have taken much longer... and before that, it would have been impossible. So, a good day. The earthworks are desultory, as I didn't have a good scooping tool like a big Pismo clam shell.






No comments:

Post a Comment