Wednesday, January 5, 2011

11F-2 (January 5)

Not much time for this one, and I didn't take a camera. I wasn't writing reports then. All I have is the following comment from an Email message to a friend.


"I did sculpt. Didn't really have the energy, but it's the last day of the window so I just went and did it. Short window. I finished about half an hour before sunset. It was an interesting sculpture; I had this idea for a long curve slanting over from bottom to top, with another piece projecting near the top, going the other way. The problem with slants is that they can make the whole piece look unbalanced but the way the undercuts worked out on this one it really moved. Strongly leaned to the north, but with the piece projecting south, and that balanced it all. Lots of big surfaces, with relatively small spaces in their junctions. The beach was peaceful except for some work going on to remove the roadway for the earth movers. Mild breeze, warm sun; I was almost too hot with the windbreaker on. I don't thibnk you've seen that. Just very light nynlon. The sculpture used much of what I've learned in recent free-piles and used that in the more stable and consistent material.
     "Listening to Bruce... "If you love love, then love loves you too..."; "Another step deeper into darkness, closer to the light..."
     "Walking home from the beach was slow. I went back on Rose to avoid the hills... Just rolled the cart into the garage and staggered to the door. Need to go rinse out the sprayer. And I need some lunch."

No comments:

Post a Comment