Sunday, December 1, 2013

13P-6, "Now Do You Believe Me???"

Free-piled sculpture must be started just after the receding tide has uncovered sand fine enough for the purpose. The other end of the window is defined by sunset. The window slides forward, day by day, following the moon's progress in its orbit. When falling tide comes too close to sunset, the window is closed and I have to wait. Late-window starts get the benefit of afternoon lighting, as in this sculpture.

There are a few days left in the present window, and I might be able to get a nice sunset sculpture in. Assuming weather permits, of course.

Note the drying area at the top of the sculpture. This one ran about 4 hours, which is a long time in the sun. I didn't bring a sprayer and had no way to carry water to sprinkle onto the sculpture, so I just had to be careful as it dried out.

Construction images are by Larry Dudock, with my EOS-70D. I did the image editing and adjustments with the GIMP, as for all 2013 sculptures.


No comments:

Post a Comment